If you are considering saying goodbye to razors or waxing and the amount of time and expense it takes to rid yourself of unwanted hair, read on to learn the answers to your questions about IPL hair removal.
When you love your body, you want to show it off. Unfortunately, unsightly hair can prevent you from feeling confident about yourself. Both men and women can take advantage of IPL hair removal in Colorado Springs to remove their unwanted hair and gain back their confidence. If you are considering saying goodbye to razors and the amount of time it takes to shave regularly, read on to learn the answers to your questions about IPL hair removal.
What is IPL Hair Removal?
Intense Pulse Light (IPL) hair removal is a hair removal treatment that uses light therapy technology. Our IPL hair removal transfers light energy into heat energy to target your hair’s pigment. Using specific wavelengths, IPL removes the unwanted hair on your body.
How is IPL Hair Removal Different than Laser Hair Removal?
Other laser hair removal treatments only utilize a single wavelength to rid your body of unsightly hair. However, during the IPL hair removal process, a full spectrum of wavelengths are used. Sometimes your dermatologist will use an IPL laser that has combined radio frequencies to help your skin radiate. These frequencies can help your skin’s texture, as well as help complexions that need a bit of freshening. The IPL not only has the ability to remove unwanted hair, but can also potentially beautify the skin—all at once.
Is an IPL Hair Removal Treatment Painful?
Depending on how much melanin, or pigment, you have in your skin and how dense your hair is, discomfort will vary. If your skin is categorized as darker or if you have hair that is considered dense, you may have more discomfort than those who have less melanin and less concentrated hair. However, there is no need for anesthesia during the treatment and most people report that the discomfort is minimal.
Benefits of IPL Hair Removal:
- IPL Hair Removal is precise. It only targets pigmented areas on the skin, such as the hair follicle. This is why only the hair follicle is affected and not the skin surrounding the area.
- IPL has been proven to be extremely effective and safe.
- IPL Hair Removal services can take anywhere from 5 minutes to a half hour for larger body areas.
- There’s no downtime after the service.
- IPL hair removal is an effective treatment for ingrown hairs. No more irritating skin and red bumps caused by those nasty ingrown hairs.
- The procedure is virtually painless. Some patients have mild discomfort, but compared to other methods, IPL Hair Removal involves less pain.
- Save money and time. Think of the money and time you will save by not having to remove hair the rest of your life.
If you are looking to remove your unwanted hair with the IPL hair removal treatment, contact BodyBrite Colorado Springs at 719-548-4991. Our expert staff provides the Southern Colorado community with affordable hair, skin and body treatments. We look forward to talking with you about helping you improve your life by providing you with greater confidence.
*Originally posted by BodyBrite Davenport.